Saturday, October 30, 2010

MIA Post


Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA for such a long time. I have scheduled postings of reviews through November and have been so busy I could not log on for awhile. I’m in a class right now in which the professor considers every student is only taking his class and therefore we have endless amounts of time to dedicate to his course….the sad part is I am totally serious and it sucks. Needless to say, that class topped with my other class and a case of family illness I have been unable to log on much and add more reviews to come in the future. However, the reason for my sudden and glorious reappearance is I was able to hide away these past couple of weekends and read! It was amazing! I have not been able to do that since classes started up in August.

I do not have full reviews for you all, but I do have my smirk system which I believe to be best next to nothing.

Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers was an absolute thrill to read, I loved the banter of the main characters and how it seemed magical in its delivery. 5 smirks

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto another angel book which I was suspect of considering of how young the author is (17!). However even though it was close to 500 pages I found myself in rapture with every detail of the story and how very well written it was. It also made me laugh which is one of my major criteria for reading a book. 5 smirks

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs surprised me in ways I still did not think was possible for a supernatural based book. I loved that the story focused on the main character and who she is rather than getting too much into the love triangle which I suspect will be more explored in the second book of this series. (We all know how much I love a love triangle, I can’t wait!) 5 smirks

Torment by Lauren Kate which I’m not sure if most of you know is my favorite book series so far. With only two books currently out, Fallen and Torment, I fell completely into rapture with them. Fallen, I was addicted to and couldn’t wait until Torment came out and if you look back Fallen was actually my very first post on this blog. Torment by Lauren Kate was an absolute thrilling book to read. I did love it more than Fallen (but I will always love Fallen). I felt that with Luce and Daniel, both of them had more of a connection with the reader in this book. It was a beautifully written book and I find that I don't have many words for it because everything Luce felt at the end is what I feel right now. Easily 6 smirks.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins is the last book in my favorite trilogy, The Hunger Games. I was really worried about the way Suzanne Collins was going to end The Hunger Games Trilogy, because I am/was so in tuned with everything about the world she built that a part of me felt like I was experiencing everything the characters were in the books. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins wrapped up everything so Capitol style it was hard not to show surprise with every twist and turn that was thrown at you. It was everything that clicked that really showed you this beautiful world underneath the grim of war, terror, and nightmares. A very moving Trilogy that will never compare. And this is the first time I have ever done this for a book but what the hell, 10 smirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment