Thursday, July 28, 2011

Morning Glory

Review of Morning Glory

Released: March 8, 2011

6 out of 5 smirks

Notable Actors: Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford, Diane Keaton

Synopsis:“For Becky (Rachel McAdams, "The Notebook"), running a TV show in New York City was the big break she dreamed of…until star co-anchors Mike (Harrison Ford, Indiana Jones) and Colleen (Diane Keaton, "Something’s Gotta Give") declare an all-out, on-air war. Making the show work with its cast of eccentric characters and outrageous story angles will take a major miracle, but Becky is ready to rise and outshine. From the writer of "The Devil Wears Prada" and "27 Dresses", "Morning Glory" is a “Tart, terrific comedy*” that critics rave is, “Smart! Fresh! Brilliant! Heartwarming! Morning Glory has it all!*” *Peter Travers , Rolling Stone **Neil Rosen, NY1”


Morning Glory is perhaps an underrated movie that the masses did not accept because it wasn’t at their intensity for comedy, romance, drama, etc. I found Morning Glory to be a light at the end of a tunnel beckoning me to watch it. I watch it and fell in love. I fell in love with dreams and hope. I fell in love with finding a way in life. And I fell in love with finding a home away from home. Morning Glory made me feel better, almost relieved, about where my life is headed and I know that every time I watch this movie, I will be able to feel this intense emotion of wanting what I want and going for it (even if it means moving away from those I care about). The great thing for me about movies is their ability to make me feel a part of something bigger than myself, to motivate me to do what I can for my life, and to make these unbelievable characters that I would so have drinks with. Morning Glory is a movie like this, I highly recommend owning it because it will show you that not all movies have to be funny or drama filled the entire time to hold your interest.  Some movies are just there to open your eyes and make you smile. I give Morning Glory 6 smirks because this movie made me fall in love with movies all over again and not many movies out there can do that.
On July 17, 2011 I fell in love. I fell in love with movies all over again. Normally, this blog is not so focused on movie reviews as it is on books. That being said however, things from now on might change because there are many movies, TV shows, and music I would love to talk about with those who are willing to read. My point is I fell in love with movies again today. I watched a truly spectacular movie about growing up and finding a family in the most unlikely place, in a job. I felt my hope soar as I watched this woman do her job in her own nutty way which was actually somewhat awkward and graceful at the same time. I watched actors I have admired for the longest time become more to me in this movie than they have in any other. And most importantly, this movie gave me faith in myself as I am soon approaching a crossroads in my life where I have to decide what I want and how I want to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment