Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan

Review of The Demon’s Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan

Published: May 18, 2010

5 out of 5 smirks

Synopsis: “The Demon's Covenant is the sequel to The Demon's Lexicon. Mae was always in control, but suddenly everyone she trusted is lying—and in danger.”

WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FROM THE DEMON’S LEXICON

The Demon’s Covenant is an amazing story. And I love Sarah Rees Brennan’s voice she gives each of her characters. Although the characters are different from each other, they all fit together well and have that whole witty banter thing going for them. The Demon’s Lexicon (which is the first of this trilogy) laid the ground work for this book, which was told from a more brilliant perspective (Mae). I found myself enchanted by the love square in this installment, but you know there really isn’t one considering there is only one choice for Mae to make.

Ok, ok I am bias since I am Team Nick, but I can’t help it. There is something so tragically beautiful about Mae, a witty, snarky, pink hair bombshell, who wants to be with Nick, who just happens to be a demon and kind of human in a sense inside a guy’s body. The Demon’s Covenant really explores who the characters turn out to be and more of their personalities. We also get to see Mae or Mavis with each different guy (Nick, Alan, Seb) in her life, basically summing up to some really STEAMY make out scenes. I really could go on and on about the incredibly complex, sarcastic, intelligent, and funny characters that make The Demon’s Covenant is well beyond worthwhile but I won’t because you aren’t stupid.

You know that when I give 5 smirks to a book I am going to own it, because it is well worth it so I can read it over and over again. And due to the 5 smirks I gave this book, you should know Sarah Rees Brennan is brilliant for creating this trilogy and for creating the characters she did. I look forward to reading the next installment and openly hope for more STEAMIER make out sessions, between Mae and preferably Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment