Monday, May 31, 2010

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

Review of Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

Published: March 1, 2007

5 out of 5 smirks

Synopsis: “Succubus (n) - An alluring, shape-shifting demon who seduces and pleasures mortal men.
Pathetic (adj.) - A succubus with great shoes and no social life. See: Georgina Kincaid.

When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants. The wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical?

But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid’s life is far less exotic. Her boss is a middle-management demon with a thing for John Cusack movies. Her immortal best friends haven’t stopped teasing her about the time she shape-shifted into the Demon Goddess get-up complete with whip and wings. And she can’t have a decent date without sucking away part of the guy’s life. At least there’s her day job at a local bookstore—free books, all the white chocolate mochas she can drink, and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can’t.

But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle’s demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won’t help because Georgina’s about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny…”

Let me start off first by saying I think Richelle Mead is a talented, intelligent author who writes amazing books leaving the reader wanting more. I think having a couple of series can be difficult especially if one is a hit and the other is not, but Richelle Mead has two of the most amazing series books out there. I love The Vampire Academy Series and now I am addicted to the Georgina Kincaid Series. Needless to say I am impressed not only with Richelle Mead for writing these incredible series but I also admire her as a person.

Succubus Blues is snarky, sexy, sly, and serious. I loved all the immortal and mortal characters in this book. It is the type of book you want to read over and over again because you feel like you need to re-experience everything that took place in it. Georgina Kincaid, the succubus in this series, shows readers that just because your immortal does not necessarily mean you are living life to its fullest. Georgina makes talking fun, with wit and sarcasm at her finger tips she really is just as charming as one would expect from a succubus.

I don’t really want to spoil the plot line (mystery, romance, immortal fighting) of Succubus Blues or even say much about too many of the other fantastically well-played characters in this book. However, I will say besides Georgina, my two other favorite characters are Carter (Angel) and Seth (Mortal Author). Carter is just hysterical being an Angel and Seth is someone you want to be the love of your life. My draw to this series is the characters, it wouldn’t matter if they were all just sitting around playing board games (which does happen) and not doing anything else, this series would still be amazing.

Originally I checked this book out from the library but afterwards I knew I could not, not own this series. I went out and bought all 5 books (6th book to be released in 2011) of the Georgina Kincaid Series, and I am glad I did. I want to review all the books in this series for you but they are run together where plot line is concerned. Each book has a great and different aspect to it but we as readers also get to see the bigger plot line that involves all the books put together. Succubus Blues (made me smile), Succubus On Top (made me lust), Succubus Dreams (broke my heart), Succubus Heat (made the breaking of my heart bearable), and Succubus Shadows (made me believe in true love and soul mates).

When the next installment for the Georgina Kincaid Series comes out, I will give you folks an update on how the series is going. For now go to the local bookstore or library and check out Richelle Mead’s books. The Vampire Academy Series, The Georgina Kincaid Series, and The Dark Swan Series. Also be sure to check out her website: http://richellemead.com/index.htm

Oh also the cover I used is the one from Russia, because I thought it was beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds pretty awesome! And I really love this cover too, I'll add it to my list. Great review! =)

    ReplyDelete