Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Love Remains by Kaye Dacus


Review of Love Remains by Kaye Dacus

To Be Released: August 1, 2010

4 out of 5 smirks

Synopsis: “Zarah's and Bobby's grandmothers see a chance to bring together high school sweethearts and beat their senior friends in a matrimony challenge!”

Love Remains was a pleasantly surprising book to me. It was a true love story about the sacrifices, hardships, and life choices people make that can change everything at a moment’s notice. I thought Zarah represented this incredibly beautiful person who only showed herself to certain people she could trust, and even then it was hard for her to let her guard down. As readers Zarah’s voice and character allowed us to get into contact with the feelings of being in the background as Zarah always was. It was different at least for me, to read about emotions that I do not particularly feel all the time, and it was as hard to read about those emotions as it is for Zarah to actually have them.

Besides Zarah, I thought all the other characters were funny, entertaining, and sweet. As a reader I was instantly drawn to Bobby for the way he presented himself as well as his thought processes. I found myself glued to the screen trying to finish reading the story in order to see what happens in the end. Kaye Dacus really has a creative, new, way of writing a love story that took me off guard from what I am normally use to.

Love Remains is a fun, thoughtful, pleasant book about going after your heart’s desire even if it means getting your heart broken again. I give it 4 smirks and look forward to reading the next installment in this trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment