Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins


Review of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Published: September 1, 2009

5 out of 5 smirks

Synopsis: “Katniss Everdeen continues to struggle to protect herself and her family from the Capitol in this second novel from the bestselling Hunger Games trilogy.”

I do not feel I really have to tell you about Catching Fire because you already know I’m in love with the trilogy. I will say one thing for Suzanne Collins, thanks for totally ripping out the rug from under me and totally turning everything about the “Hunger Games” upside down. I must have cried at least 3 times while reading this second book of the trilogy. The characters made me laugh and it was a thrill to be a part of that family again when entering into this world. Haymitch is a character who I love probably in the best snarkiest way ever, because he is a lush and what great story doesn’t have a lush in it?

I would say reading Catching Fire was like being on a roller coaster except it was so much more intense than that. I would say Catching Fire was like being in the Tower of Terror and just when you think the ride is over, BAM, you’re dropped 50ft with your stomach still above your head. I really want this trilogy to become more popular, so what can I say to get you to read this exceptional book? In Catching Fire, there is talk of a pregnancy, the games throw everyone a loop, enemies become allies, drunks become intolerable, the love more intense, and oh yea Katniss loses Peeta to The Capitol! 5 smirks because I was on the edge of my seat the whole time waiting for my stomach to right itself in my midsection.

No comments:

Post a Comment