Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Her Vampire Husband by Michele Hauf


Review of Her Vampire Husband by Michele Hauf

Published: April 1, 2010

5 out of 5 smirks

Synopsis: “An arranged marriage between a werewolf and a vampire.

There will be blood.

She may resist his bite, but she can't resist his charms...

Werewolf princess Blu Masterson won't allow her seductive vampire husband to consummate their marriage with his bite, marking her forever. Alone in a secluded estate with her sworn enemy, Blu curses the marriage arranged to bring their rival nations together, especially since Creed Saint-Pierre calls out to her most feral desires.

When Blu uncovers her pack's secret plot to destroy the vampire nation—and Creed—she is forced to confront her growing feelings for her sexy undead husband. Will she choose the only life she's ever known or accept his vampire bite?"

Wow is basically all I can say. Michele Hauf can really write witty, snarky characters in the bundle! I was very impressed with Her Vampire Husband; it makes me want to seek out other books this talented author has written. Her Vampire Husband was so reality based with a hint of the paranormal that I was instantly drawn in when one of the main characters, Blu (werewolf princess), wore a lime green wig to her arranged marriage to a vampire (Creed) she never met. I will admit it, this is a romantic fantasy book, but since I have no romantic life to speak of as of this moment, a book like this can really keep a girl warm at night.

Her Vampire Husband is told from two points of view, Blu and Creed, and sometimes Michele Hauf also threw in two other different points of view. It is truly a great idea for an author to use different points of view so that the reader can know what is going through the minds of other main characters (especially when the two main characters are as different as night and day). 5 smirks I give this book because to be honest a book that keeps me up until the wee hours of the morning before falling asleep on my lap top is a book that can clearly hold my ADHD attention. If you have no romantic life to speak of, this is a great book to keep those long spring nights at bay until the summer nights come. I loved this book because it has a great storyline, snarky/flirtatious characters, and very hot scenes. Read it if you please, if not I could care less because I love it and will continue to read it at least once a year.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Was this the book you were telling me about? It does sound steamy! I think I might check it out. :-p

    -monique

    ReplyDelete