Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dear John

Review of Dear John with Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried; Directed by Lasse Hallstrom
Premiered: February 5, 2010

3 out of 5 smirks

Synopsis: “When a soldier named John Tyree (Channing Tatum) meets an idealistic college student named Savannah Curtis (Amanda Seyfried), it's the beginning of a true romance. Over the next seven tumultuous years, the lovers, separated by John's increasingly dangerous deployment, stay in touch through their letters, meeting in person only rarely. However, their correspondence triggers fateful consequences that neither could foresee.” (http://www.fandango.com/dearjohn_126384/movieoverview)

Dear John,

I wish you didn’t rip my heart from my chest and then put it back in with a bad patch job. I have to recognize that there have been some good books turned into movies and one other that I know of by Nicholas Sparks. I respect Sparks for writing love stories as a man, but seriously it always just end with me bawling my eyes out because the love story was written wrong (in this reviewer’s opinion). If you see this movie or buy it, be prepared for two people to die, one person to make you think he’s dead, a girl with a big heart who never says no, and a very adorable kid. I like movies that surprise me in the worst and sometimes in the best ways, this movie did that with flying colors. I have to give it 3 smirks on account of the love story, the fact that it surprised me, and for the fact that hunky Channing Tatum was in it (sometimes he was shirtless, yum). Would I buy this movie? It is highly possible. Will I watch this movie like it’s going out of style? Hell no. Will I watch this movie after a hard break up? Yes, please. Should you watch this movie? If you are a girl, you should definitely watch it and if you are a guy trying to get lucky I would recommend you watching it (because watching it with a chick or another guy and pretending or actually crying during it will score you major points).

No comments:

Post a Comment