Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Vampire Diaries Series by L.J. Smith


Review of The Vampire Diaries Series by L.J. Smith

Published: June 26, 2007

2.5 out of 5 smirks

Synopsis: “Elena is a high school golden girl who's used to getting what she wants. When she meets handsome, haunted Stefan, he struggles to resist her for fear that his dark secret is too much for her to handle. He's torn by guilt over his past, and mindful of the threat that his vengeful brother, Damon, poses to anyone Stefan gets close to. Soon Elena finds herself torn between two brothers, and in terrible danger.” (http://www.vampirediaries.com/books/)

In honor of the new release of the next Vampire Diaries book out today called The Return: Shadow Souls, I have decided to write a combined review of the first five books. I only gave these books a 2.5 overall because it was really easy to get into them but I had no desire to read them more than once. Sad but true, I do own all of them (again bought them on a whim) and am sadly anxiously waiting for Shadow Souls to get to my house so I can find out what happens. Do I think they are good enough to take time out to read? Yes I do, it is just a different style of writing as well as really bizarre characters and situations. I am a firm believer though, that being diverse in what you read is the key to knowing what you like and don’t like as well as being a well educated person.

I think the show The Vampire Diaries on The CW is better than the books because they are incredibly different. So different that I’m not sure they can actually be called the same thing. Don’t get me wrong the concepts are there in both but the show has a vitally in it that the books just don’t. The one great thing the show and the books have in common is how sizzling and brooding the Salvatore Brothers are. In both the show and the books I am 100% Team Damon, which in the books he has been getting nowhere with Elena. Yet another reason I am waiting for the Shadow Souls to get here, I have a feeling it is Damon’s time to shine with Elena and she may even feel the same way. So go to your local library and check out these books, they are good enough to spend time reading and hey you can cross it off your to be read list. To learn more about The Vampire Diaries Series please visit the author’s website, http://www.ljanesmith.net/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment