Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine

Review of Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine (Morganville Vampires, Book 3)

Published: October 2, 2007

3 out of 5 smirks

Synopsis: “Claire Danvers's college town may be run by vampires but a truce between the living and the dead made things relatively safe. For a while. Now people are turning up dead, a psycho is stalking her, and an ancient bloodsucker has proposed private mentoring. To what end, Claire will find out. And it's giving night school a whole new meaning.”

Rachel Caine is very consistent in my book. I enjoy reading her books, but personally they are not books that I would buy to re-read over and over again, like others. I will say though, I am always left on a cliff hanger of some kind when it comes to reading the Morganville Vampire Series. And cliff hangers are always good in my book. Midnight Alley was a lot more about the vampires and Claire herself than anyone else. Midnight Alley showed the readers how much Claire herself has changed and what her limits are when it comes to choosing between the vampires who protect her to the humans who try to keep her safe.

Midnight Alley was all around a crazy vampire adventure, like I’m sure the rest of the Morganville Vampire Series books will be. There is always an aspect I really enjoyed out of a book whether it’s the cover art, or how an author writes or specific genres that flow into the book. Midnight Alley’s one thing I really enjoyed was the fact that we get to see more of Shane and Claire together. This book shows how they are as individuals and how they are as a couple. I really liked that aspect of the book because it was secretly what I wanted to see more of. The dynamic within the house itself changes for the roommates, since Michael changed, Shane’s dad turned out to be crazy, Eve’s brother being released from jail, and Claire being protected by the badass vampire Amelia. All in all Midnight Alley had more mystery and more in depth webs the roommates in the house will have to weave out of if they ever want to leave Morganville.

No comments:

Post a Comment