Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Oracle of Dating by Allison Van Diepen

Review of The Oracle of Dating by Allison Van Diepen

Publication Date: May 1, 2010

5 out of 5 smirks

Synopsis: “No one at Kayla’s school knows she’s the famous Oracle of Dating—the anonymous queen of dating advice, given through her own Web site. Kayla doesn’t even have a boyfriend. Two relationship disasters were enough to make her focus on everyone else’s love life. But then her advice backfires on her own best friend. And Kayla starts to seriously obsess about Jared Stewart—the very cute, very mysterious new guy in school. Suddenly, the teen queen of advice needs her own oracle of dating--and she knows just where to find one...”

The Oracle of Dating was a surprisingly witty and laughter filled book. The only reason I decided to read this fabulous book was for the mere purpose of branching out of my supernatural/romance funk books I am happily addicted to. The Oracle of Dating was just so awesomely great that it made me smile throughout the whole thing. I read it in the span of 3 hours, 251 pages not too bad. Allison Van Diepen is an incredibly talented author who can even make a snarky girl like me feel the heartache of a teenage girl who gets a taste of what it is like to be one of her readers. I was very impressed and found out also that Allison Van Diepen has written other books which I am looking into now.

I highly recommend reading The Oracle of Dating and most likely any other books by Allison Van Diepen. For an author to turn me into a high school girl again is obviously worth reading. Since I am normally a dark soul and look for supernatural books to satisfy my hunger for books, I find the more I think about it the more I think branching could really change my reading habits for the better. Of course 5 out of 5 smirks were given to this book because it made me remember what it was like to be in high school again. It was a great book and I highly suggest buying it when it comes out just to take a trip down memory lane or even relate to it if you are still in high school. Either way it is an amazing story about friends, family, dating, life, gossip, and guys. For more information about this author please visit, http://www.allisonvandiepen.com/index.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment