Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Raven by Allison Van Diepen

Review of Raven by Allison Van Diepen

Published: February 9, 2010

5 out of 5 smirks

Synopsis: “Zin dances with fire in every step, speaks with a honey-sweet voice, and sees with eyes that can peer into your soul. It's no wonder Nicole is madly in love with him. Their friendship is the only thing that saves her from the boredom of school and the turmoil of her family life. But she cannot understand why he keeps her at a distance, even though she can feel his soul reaching out for hers. Zin carries a very old secret. When Nicole uncovers the truth, her love may be the only thing that can save him from it.”

So I absolutely adored Raven, it was just so beautiful. I borrowed this book from the library and am really glad I did. Allison Van Diepen has a way of telling amazing stories without leaving you wanting more, meaning not a series book. I really enjoyed reading Raven because it did not end with more books coming along after it. It was a complex story simply put in the best possible way. It had this truly modern edge to it which is hard to find in books being published today. The chemistry between Nicole and Zin was truly visible; it was like you could see the aura coming off the pages.

I gave Raven 5 smirks because I was smiling by the end of the story. Raven is being in a world of uncertainty, life, death, sorrow, love, healing, growing, and changing; it was purely beautiful. I would read this book if I ever got sad or was upset; it really uplifts ones belief in true love. Borrow it from the library or buy it, it is definitely a book worth reading over and over again. I am personally becoming a fast fan of Allison Van Diepen’s writings; the two books I have read of hers won me over entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment